среда, 15 февраля 2012 г.

Effective Strategies to Start a Cleaning Business

Effective Strategies to Start a Cleaning Business
Top tips to help you start a cleaning business

While we have referenced that you could start a cleaning business as a lucrative home business opportunity with low level to entry several times in the past. We had never had the chance to sit down with a business owner in this industry for a chat until now.


Jamie King is the owner of King’s Cleaning Service in California. She started out as a small solopreneur cleaning the homes of family and friends. Today she has her own team of cleaners offering everything from home and commercial cleaning to decluttering and concierge services.


Jamie was kind enough to answer some of our burning questions about how to start a cleaning business. Let’s hear what she has to share.


Tell us a little about yourself. What was your motivation to start a cleaning business?


I am married and a mother of 3 kids. I was 23, cleaning my way through college. I dreamed of owning a business one day when I realized I already had the foundation of one. So I organized myself a little better and got started building my client base.


How did you get started? Where did you find your first clients?


My first clients were mostly family and friends, neighbors of family members. I started using a referral service which helped a ton but was expensive. The best move I made was hiring Lamb Consulting to make my website and business plan. This was about 3 years after I started cleaning.


How much can housecleaners in your area expect to earn? When and how are payments collected from your clients?


We collect our payments the day of the service, by check, cash or a credit card kept on file. Cleaning companies should be comfortable charging at least $30/hour per worker.


What’s the day in the life of a cleaning business owner like?


Pretty high energy. I run a crew myself, give estimates over the phone, go over the schedule with my assistant, restock products, repair vacuums, wash rags and handle any quality control issues.


What tips do you have for those new to the industry?


Make sure you have all insurance and licensing required by your county and city. Always take a deposit from first-time customers. Do background checks on potential workers.


Any must-have business tools you recommend?


A Sanitare folding vacuum, green cleaning products, good quality wash cloths as cleaning rags. QuickBooks!


Original article and pictures take no0tb5au6j-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий